Friday, April 11, 2008

A lazy week

It's been a quiet week for me, mostly just resting and trying to recover my energy. On the weekend I was able to help clean a flat for some elderly friends who were finally moving away to be with close family. We are very sad to see them go but they will feel so much happier being with their loved ones. Some people can accept help from anyone but others only feel comfortable to expose their needs within the family. Even if their code is different to ours we need to respect it because otherwise they can't feel whole. So it was with this dear couple. At this last moment they actually let a few friends come in help and I am glad because it also allowed us to show our love to them. Before he became very sick the husband had been an avid gardener. The surrounding yard was chock-a-block full of potted plants. I was very happy to be given two lovely, large geraniums - one pink, the other white. I love geraniums because they are so hardy. I wish I was more water conscious but the actual fact is that I just forget to water my pots so I really need plants that can survive with minimum care and that is just what geraniums are.




Another friend who also moved last night loaded me down with lots of things including bags of teenage clothing - some still with tags on. I was able to share a lot of things with other friends. I went to bed one night feeling over the moon because I had seen the look on a teens face as she went through the bags and found lots of treasures.One beautiful item I received was this tureen which i am actually thinking of using to on my dressing table.(I'll show you a picture of that if I ever get it sorted.) It is shown here with todays purchases from the craft shop.






I will leave you with cheerful face left over from our chinese fried rice, only because the dogs aren't enamoured of rice.






Cheerio!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherrie,

    Just wanted to say thanks for your kinds words. Things are getting better everyday and the lovely comments from everyone has been very healing.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.