Friday, August 8, 2008

On the road to Port

Port Macquarie that is! On the New South Wales mid north coast.

I had to go up there to get a couple of totally neglected teeth pulled so my daughter decided to come along and shop. I would have loved to call in on some second hand shops but that was not to be. Half an hour up the road we remembered that we didn't have any of the important paperwork so it was turnaround and head back home to pick it up. And then I thought of taking photos of old houses along the way but the all disappeared by the time I got game enough. So this is all I have to share with you today. Memories of a trip to the dentist.



This mountain always fascinates me. I would love to know how it was formed.




There were road works everywhere. The colour in some areas was such a deep red. The photo does not really do it justice.




Some one has done some amazing carving. There are three logs similar to this.




Here is a message for all of us!!




Now I have had my teeth pulled and the evening is falling.









Goodbye Port Macquarie. At least one person enjoyed their visit!

Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. I had a lovely holiday in Port Macquarie a few years ago....didn't have to visit the dentist though! Hope your tooth is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics---they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your mouth is all healed up nicely. Having teeth out is just yukky. Gorgeous pictures, the log carving is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.