Sunday, November 9, 2008

Red and white "green bags"

I wanted to make something for a lovely friend who is sadly losing her house due to no fault of her own. It appears that builders have to take the fall for other peoples greed and thoughtlessness and in her husbands case this has led to selling the family home to keep out of bankruptcy. They have both always been so generous and I wish that I could help. All I can do though is make her a little something to show that I care.
These teatowels, from K-mart have long reminded me of this lass so when I found them on sale I decided to convert them into green bags. All I have really done is fold the towels inside out and stitch the sides together, then reinforced these with an extra row of stitching. The handles were eked out of a tiny curtain sample from my stash and sewn with reinforcing onto the the top hems. Because they are towels they should be easy to wash and keep clean.
Finally, dear Polo is turning his back on us tomorrow. His mistress returns and he is to go home. I will miss his gorgeous eyes but the dogs will be happy.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift to show you care! Such a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice bags and so beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you in her life. It's so important that people show that they care in a situation like her's. :0)

    And what a wonderful gift you made her! They are simply gorgeous...

    Ulla :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of turning teatowels into such nice bags! And I love red and white together! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet thing to do and a neat project. I love red and white and may try to make some..I wonder if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My turn to discover your blog ! Very nice ! I like it ! Have a nice day or a good night (it's 9:33 here in france !)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.