This bag was made from half of a vintage tablecloth. I just love the pattern and colour combination in this cloth, another op-shop find from last year. I didn't have the heart to cut it up until yesterday but I am happy with the result and I still have the other half to play around with. While working on the strap I discovered a new toy - well new to me anyway, although it has been in my sewing machine kit since it was bought about 5 years ago. I think it is the blind hemming foot. I used this with blanket stitch to bring dark green to the edge of the strap and and join the edges. I was very impressed with the neat job it did. The lines on the strap were made with tiny bias bought from the quilt shop. I think it is made for stained glass applique but it is really easy to attach using a meandering machine stitch. A little bit of left over tassle adds to the fun.