Friday, April 17, 2009

Too much to do and not enough energy.

I was complaining to DD2 the other day that I never seem to get through all the sewing I have to do so that I can finally just sew for the love of it and create to my hearts content without feeling guilty. Of course she was right when she said that I wouldn't be in this predicament if I didn't offer to make things for people. Sometimes the creating is easy and just flows and other times I can't do anything right so I never get started. Asides of the bags that were meant to be made for my friends shop for the Easter holidays (too bad, now they will get done for the end of year!) I have three bags that need to be made soon because their owners have been waiting too long. So hopefully these will be the next three projects I show you. I have decided to do them in the order that the requests or offers were made.
Do you remember back in December when I made bags for the children from the never-never? Well this will be for the oldest daughter from this family. She has been back on the coast for nearly six months. During that time I have been buying all sorts of bits of material for her bag and coming up with loads of brilliant ideas in the middle of the night but have not been able to bring myself to start on any of them just in case they were not right for her. She is 14 if you know what that means! Anyway, to cut the story short, she was over for two nights on the weekend so I bit the bullet and asked her to design her own bag. Her are the results of her effort.

Now I just need to turn this into a bag before the end of next week so that she can use her school bag for it's intended purpose and have a seperate shoulder bag for her other things. Help!!!


6 comments:

  1. Well, I can't send you any 'time' but I can send you best wishes for getting it finished :)

    I love the colours and I can imagine she'll be very proud that she designed it herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy making the bag, She'll love it and even more so as she helped design it. It will make it extra special.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 15 year old so I know exactly what you mean. It's great that she designed it herself though - what a fabulous idea. Goodluck with the making.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous to work together. I can not as much as sew on a button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design and lovely colours, what a wonderful bag that wil be!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.