Thursday, October 1, 2009

An apology and my creative space

Please accept my apologies to anyone who thought I was seriously depressed yesterday about the wonderful Loz and Dinny challenge. Your words were all so kind and I appreciate them immensely but in my overtired state (actually still half asleep, having just woken up) I was making an attempt at humour to highlight the fabulous Superpop's abilities. Obviously I don't do deadpan well. Sorry!These bits haven't made it to my sewing table yet, or at least haven't been there for nearly a year, but they desperately need to be finished before I can go on with all the other projects in my head.
I think I need to restart the mini-list idea and this basket load will constitute the first list. The IKEA fabric has already been cut out and is waiting to be sewn into bags for a local shop. The lovely Maria of Get Gorgeous has graciously been waiting for the last years worth of holidays for these.
Do you think I can have them finished by Monday for her? I am sure going to try, even though I have a wedding to go to and girls sleepover at my place on Sunday/ Monday.
See you soon.

8 comments:

  1. hee hee....It's really hard to get deadpan across on a blog! I struggle with trying out sarcasm too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - curly pops is on the money. Oooooo Ikea fabic ... I am easily distraced when Ikea fabric is involved xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with finishing your bags! You can only try ;) I have often deleted attempted deadpan/sarcasm text... sometimes it's just easier to go with the straightforward, if you know what I mean! Thank goodness for the winking " ;) " symbol... Enjoy your weekend! K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get those bags finished..I love the Ikea fabric..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're pretty busy sewing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to see other people's creative spaces, this is a whole new project for me. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps there needs to be a finishing challenge...there is a few of us out there desperately trying to finish things off. I guess the only tip i give myself is to not start anything else...LOL...good luck...fabric looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep deadpan is very tricky, half of my little witticisms fall flat on a regular basis, but they make me giggle as I type... sad really. it can force overuse of smiles as well. : ) : ) : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in desperate need of a "to do". Fast losing control on the crafty & home front at the moment.

    I think you'll get them done...chances of actual sleep on the sleepver - slim to none.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.