Monday, October 26, 2009

The rest of my bedside!


Looking at everyone else's bedsides I realised I was probably cheating by only showing you half the picture. You see, my bedroom does not conform to any norm. It is in fact a combination bedroom-cum-sewing room. Even though it is the master room in this house it is not huge so, in order to accomodate everything I want in there, I have placed half of my bed under the cutting table. Of course I had to raise the table legs to give myself room to move in bed but that has had the advantage of making the table the perfect height for me to cut at. No sore back for me!
The other plus for me is that I can actually sit in the comfort of my own bed while doing hand sewing or other small tasks (wonderful in winter if I have an electric blanket on). The table that is not accessible, from a standing point of view, acts as my doily holder and as the overflow from my bedside table. Here is where I keep all my reading material and notebook and pens.

Which is why my bedside table can actually be so tiny and generally neat.

To all those who enquired about the silver hand mirror on the bedside table: I bought this at a garage sale for $5. and took it home and polished it up with toothpaste. It is extremely heavy and I have to be careful not to bop myself in the head if I use it while lying down.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing about knocking yourself with the mirror !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.