Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Remodelled shirt completed

Cut, shortened in both the sleeves and overall length and unburdened of it's collar and central bands, this poor Miller's shirt has evolved into a comfy little jacket (that still looks great over my favourite nightie!).
The edges were first overcast on the sewing machine, then turned under and crocheted into using a 1.5 crochet hook. Occasionally, if the seams were too thick to push through, I pulled out the trusty, tiny-weeny .75.
The second row is all trebles. The third row consists of shells with 7 trebles in each seperated by 3 stitches with a seperation of 4 stitches on the back collar. I'm not sure if all this makes sense to anyone but I also use this blog as a diary of what I have done in each project so please ignore the unprofessional crochet terms.
The cotton is a fine DMC Perle 8 Colour 304.
Just a quick nudge: If you haven't voted in the CurlyPops poll you still have until 3PM tomorrow to do so.
Please don't forget to vote for the littlies - B1, B4 and D3.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant.
    I'm totally in awe of the crochet edging. The alterations you had made already made the garment look more stylish - but the crochet took it to an entirely new level.
    Bravo to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done...I love seeing what can be done with something plain to turn it into fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet work is stunning. . . breathtaking. . . awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.