Saturday, January 16, 2010

On the sew again

I'm trying to do something productive even though the humidity here is really tiring me. I just don't want to do anything or say anything but when I looked at my stats the other day I felt really guilty. Thankyou to all my loyal readers.
I also felt rather guilty about not getting this bag made for the young man who needed it. Actually, it was more his mother who needed it as he already has one of mine from a year ago. The last one though was made with light coloured fabric and that is not a good idea for a six or seven year old. Needs too much washing to be decent! Another lesson learnt along this fun road.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, this is what he will get. The exterior is made from three vintage serviettes and the lining is left over from a quilt I made a few years ago. And finally the boys get interior pockets as well. I think that should make them feel as special as their sisters.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely elephant print. That is one lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very lovely bag. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.