Thursday, February 11, 2010

Last weeks creative space is finished

Started this one ages ago but the humidity and the listness that summer brings has finally been overcome and with a "whoopee" it was finally finally finished yesterday.
I showed a mutual friend of the new owner of it and she said it was a 'professioal job'. But I know that is just because I used the sort of material (3 pass blockout from the curtain shop!!) that will hold it's shape.
Speaking of shape, I shaped the single handle, making it wider at the bases, so that it would keep the bag more squarish than wedge shaped.
The inside is overloaded with pockets just for the fun of it.
The middle one has the all the family's nicknames on it because I had already pieced the light piece in before it occured to my slow brain that it stuck out like a sore thumb.



2 comments:

  1. You are so creative, you put me to shame! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bag is beautiful. I love all the pockets and how you stitched that bird. amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.