Friday, November 5, 2010

On my wall


I bought this painting around twelve years ago from Copper Art.
I know - very middle class.

But it has special meaning to me because, although it is undoubtedly a mass produced speed painting, it reminds me of a house my parents nearly bought when I was 12 or 13.
A friend from the same part of the world was able to look at this and see the same things I saw - a little house nestled right below a bump of a hill at the bend of the road and he knew the house I was talking about.
The other special thing was that it was bought with money my Mum left for me when she died.
And on top of that it had a small bit of the plaster missing in one corner of the frame and I haggled for the first time ever in my life to get a reduction and then promptly fixed the edge up with my metallic craft paints.
I still love the memories and it looks great over my lounge.

For more of what people have on their walls take a gander to The Textured Leaf.

1 comment:

  1. Images are very personal and i love your story about this one. Thanks for sharing and joining in my meme! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.