Monday, April 25, 2011

Job done

And here's the finished skirt.
I took the pattern by tracing through baking paper from a 12 gored denim skirt I love. 
Because I wasn't totally exact in my seam allowance I've ended up with a slightly larger than needed waistaband even though I added elastic in the waistband seam. 
Might try to correct this in the next version.
Overall I am very happy with this - even the zipper went in easily. 
My daughters hate it but my friends don't and since I have come to the conclusion that I shall return to my youthful eccentricity I don't care either way.



5 comments:

  1. It looks fab!!!! I totally love it.
    Wear it proudly I say.
    Hope you're having a wonderful long weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinks it's lovely Cherrie. I'd totally wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done Cherrie, your skirt looks wonderful on you. I say ENJOY your youthful eccentricity to the max. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay... I love anything my daughter hates - I count that as a success in the mother fashion stakes! I too am becoming sassy before i'm too old and its too late - but then I will just become eccentrically dressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.