Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Heritage

 WHERE I'M FROM 


I am from homemade bread, fromVegemite and cheese.
I am from gleaming wooden floors and ash in the sand, from caravan and goulash for tea.
I am from the frangipanis and  the snow, from jumping from the door to my bed to escape the sharks at night to climbing the trees and bottling the fruit.
I am from overseas parcels with their own special smell and from moving all the time to strange places, from libraries and markets and the zoo.
I am from the love of bushwalking, getting lost on the slopes and trips to the sea.
From being honest and doing the best that you can.
I am from love of God's word and love of His creation. 
I'm from an island in an icy river to an island on the equator, from apple strudel to taro and pawpaws, from chickens and ducks and a goat.
From the backwoods of a large land, the lost aristocracy of another, and the love of cloth and needle  and pattern.
From my family, my friends and my kids. 
I am from those who worked tirelessly and one who was sick, from talking and playing and grieving.
I am simply me.


Where are you from?
If you want to play along see the template here.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, and the link. Bittersweet stuff.
    BTW, I love your new blog template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look Cherrie!
    So gorgeous. This is a great thing to do.


    ps I posted about you today, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply mesmerising! Love the journey i just went on....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I had this marked to come back to and read (I have to do that a lot these days!). Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.