Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I've been doing

 We hope to move soon although getting a rental home with three dogs, even if they are tiny, is not going to be easy.
Howeve, the decision to move has been made so I am slowly getting ready.
At the moment that just means culling the contents of this house so that it will be easier to move.
Our present house is high set so everything that leaves the house has to be taken down stairs. That does not make for any easy move.
Today I cleaned out my special kitchen cupboard. Mostly it just needed a clean with soap and water as it is right next to the stove and appears to allow a whiff of oily air in. I was happy to see that despite a couple of years of no attention my cupboards are in really good shape.
It was a pleasure handling all those vintage and collector plates.
I think I might hang some up in the new house as the really aren't that heavy and I should be able to use those horrid rental hooks without fear of them falling off. 

I rediscovered these 'Original Suffolk Cannisters' that I had picked up at a garage sale a while ago.
Although I do like them I'm thinking of selling them on ebay as they are too good to just leave in the cupboard unused. 
The same with the retro Royal Worcester egg cups. They are cute but really not me so it is time to let them go.
To keep in with everyone else I should be retro but the truth is I prefer vintage feminine and floral. 
Two of my large cannisters finally got the shove today. It was really hard to throw them out as originally they made a set of five in descending order but now I only have three left. I bought these nearly 30 years ago from a place called 'Earth and Fire' near Bendigo in Victoria and have carted them everywhere since.
Other than that only one saucer went out today because it's colouring really didn't go with the rest.



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your clearing out. Moving house is a huge job. I hope you find a suitlable new place for your family and your dogs.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the big move. I have my fingers crossed that the process is a breeze! I find it so hard to throw things out but sometimes you just have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Youre great at clearing arent you Cherrie?
    I know someone who would pretty much kill for those egg cups, but then so do you, dont you!
    See that second from the left canister in blue and white? well I had one and it was one of our very first things for home once back from honeymoon all those years ago. I hope you find the place your heart will be happy, x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.