Monday, March 25, 2013

Decorating in the kitchen


Like many of my readers I love to trawl the seconhand shops and garage sales in search of little things that make my heart sing.
The problem with that is that you end up with a lot of things that you really have no room for.
I know because I have three boxes still in the shed which hold all my pretties, most of which fortunately have had homes in my previous rentals.
This time however there really is nowhere to display anything and the owners or agents seem rather tough on the adding anything ideas.
It's taken me quit a while to finally work out how to store things up and over the kitchen sink.
And I think it works.
Only problem is that those three boxes are still unopened in the shed because I have continued my habit of finding little bits. 
What you see has all been collected in the last  seven or eight months.
Eeek. 
I might have to make another shelf.
The shelf is made by hanging a found piece of skirting board using $9 worth of chain from Bunnings and two key rings from the Plaza onto strong nails hammered in right above the picture rail. The nails are firmly anchored so the strength of this relies more on the chain than anything.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! And super clever of you. I know, it's so frustrating when you want to make things nice in a rental, and the agents will let you do NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! I do love second hand goodies and thrift shopping (as we call it here in the US)! I know what you mean about collecting more goods than you have room for, so I am trying to be more selective about bringing in anything these days.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! Hope to see you commenting more often =-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.