Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not much, really.

Just a lazy week. I love this big tree that I can see through my kitchen window and thought you might too.

Nothing great has been happening in the way of craft lately. On the home front, though, things are sure looking up. Daughter No1, who lives in Melbourne, and I were able to pull of a surprise for daughter No2 - a surprise visit. Despite nearly giving our plans away a zillion times we managed to get her here without the youngest having a clue as to what was going on. Now school work has taken a back seat as far as formal work but it is amazing how much can be covered in general family life.


Monopoly teaching combined with accounting. Go to the head of the class covers all subjects. Discussions of a future trip leads to more geography research and writng up of information. Oldest daughter is teaching the youngest how to make a video clip story for youtube - media studies completed ! Preparation for Bible group study equals comprehension and a Fijian friend taught her the basics of Hula dancing. Everything except maths. And all while we are suffering from bad colds!! I hope next week is better.




I want to make a mosaic sign that shows our house number and have for a long time wanted to use all those broken plates from my set that I have been collecting for the last couple of years.
The trouble is I am not sure what sort of glue to use so I had the bright idea of make a much smaller sign telling people how to enter our house as this house is well camouflaged behind a long wall of lattice and a few people have commented that they don't know how to get in. Maybe by my next post things will be getting acclomplished and I will have more to show you.
Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. you could use a door bell that way people could just push bell untill they get to enter saves a sign beside how many women do you know who have the mane bell today
    not many because if you had that name theyed get pushed around a lot like a door unlike if you had the name mat ? thats another way to get in

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.