Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just a few stitches

Here are a few more of my curbside pick ups. I just love baskets and could always find a use for these but first I will see if any sell in the garage sale. The reason they are in the bath is, well is, because they have had a bath of course. A bath in condyce chrystals to kill of any germs so I know they are okay to use. The puple chrystals stain my hands brown but do not colour the baskets at all. My mother used to use this method to kill germs on solid skinned fruit and vegetables she bought at the local market in Papua New Guinea when I was a child.




I haven't been sewing at all in the last few days - just dreaming of it - but I did manage to quickly make up this little cushion for the people I clean for before I went there on Monday.



For obvious reasons I call this my paradise material and so this is a paradise cushion.



3 comments:

  1. I love baskets too. You never have enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these paradise-pictures are very lovely! (I like to think I know what you mean by 'obvious reasons'...)Anyway, great idea to use one for a cushion. I discovered your blog thanks to your comment on Rhonda Jean's blog. I hope you'll keep blogging so I can keep reading ;-) Greetings from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spotted that red caroma stool in this photo...I scored 3 of these at $1 each at an op-shop...best purchase...have served as seats at xmas time when I ran out of chairs..office chair when my swivel chair broke and I fell off rather un-elegantly...and great for when son plays guitar or his friends come over and play video games....yes I ramble...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.