Monday, November 23, 2009

My green thumb


I guess I must have a green thumb because I just yanked two one foot high tomato seedlings out of my lawn(?) a couple of weeks ago and dumped them into the front garden. No water - no staking - not even any digging really - just drooping tired plants shoved into the soil quickly so I could get on with the mowing. And what do they do? They give me red tomatoes! Talk about cheerful giving. I really don't deserve these but I am thankful non-the-less.



PS I didn't really want to say anything about reality in case there are any Melbourne ladies reading this but I think it could be that our perfect weather rather than my green thumb is responsible for the success of my tiny toms. Please don't tell them though, as they might get jealous of our perfect balance of sun and rain. ;o

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the crazy Melbourne weather is getting rather frustrating. I never know whether I should be turning on the heater or the air con!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well our Melbourne tomatoes haven't come close to red. Green thumb proof.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.