Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kiddy Bags ready

Thankyou everyone for your help with naming these little bags. I have decided to go simple and call them kiddy bags which after all is why I made them in the first place. They are little and just right for a few golden books and the odd toy or three. Unfortunately I have no more of this bright stipey fabric otherwise I would make heaps of the ones with the African girls. It is such a happy print and specifically reminds me of an African American girl who stayed with me a couple of years ago. She was very happy too. That is why these two will be named the Tamilia Kiddy bags. Thanks for the memories Tamilia!!

I am not sure who makes the print as I only bought 10 cms of it and that just got me the c for copyright but I am sure that it is available from all good patchwork shops as that is where I bought it.


The sea picture is ....Sea by Jim Shore for Red Rooster of all places.!


3 comments:

  1. Great bags. I think a longer strap might be good, so the kiddies can put them over their shoulder and carry their library books - I've had lots of kids lately showing me how cool they are carrying their library bags to library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags are really cute, I also think that a longer strap might be better and perhaps a button, I would prefer a press button (snap fastener ??? I don´t know the right translation for "Druckknopf") ;-) but I think you know what I mean :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.
    So bright. So colourful. So interestiing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.