Sunday, March 28, 2010

Threads on the floor!!

Finally the sewing machine has come back from long service leave to a purposeful life.
Work is being done peoples.
In the process of getting ready for the return of my eldest (yay!!) DD2 remembered that I hadn't finished her bed pillow covers. So what do I do? I make her a doona cover to go with them too. All out of the stash. Not a brass razoo spent. And material actually exiting my room instead of entering it!
Wonderful!

I can't show you DD1's finished bedroom because,weeell, it isn't finished.

But if you had seen it this morning you would know that we have come a long way.

I'll have to get a wiggle on though because she arrives tomorrow. Hopefully before midnight!





5 comments:

  1. Your pillows and cover turned out great!
    Don't you just love when you can use up fabrics in the stash?! :-)

    Enjoy your daughter's homecoming!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That looks wonderful.
    Heres to using what we already have, hey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great and stash stuff , bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great when you can justify having a ridiculous stash of fabric?

    I'm happy for you having your daughter home again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your blog...I'll bookmark it and be back!
    Jeannie (please visit me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.