Originally there were two seperate items, a frame from ebay and a grey noticeboard, with a skinny black plastic frame, picked up from the side of the road (where else?!). At the time I first put this together I was aiming for a blue and white room so I simply picked my favourite blue fabric sample, stapled it on to the board and sat in within the frame.
Nice idea but it would have been more useful as a picture than a background because the colour and pattern were too dominant.
I pulled the old fabric off, threw the staples in the bin, folded up it back up and put it in the blue basket. In the photo above you can see the type of pin board I have used. Probably originally from K Mart or Big W.
The new fabric is much softer with a hint of pink, still a curtain fabric sample though. It was attached with some thumb tacks and pushed back into the frame, using the original nails to hold it in place.