Tuesday, August 31, 2010

But can I do it?


On of the great things I have begun to enjoy in this blogging journey of mine is the value of thrifting. Yes, my friends here do it but I think it is also the encouragement of the blogging world that has really helped me to embrace it wholeheartedly.
I now buy my shoes (liberal pourings of vinegar on all of these) and top clothes only from recycling venues, eg. garage sales and opportunity shops. Also furniture from the roadside and fabric from vintage manchester. All wonderful sources of cheap produce and good for the environment too.
I am also learning the joy of renovating or updating my secondhand goods to make them truly unique.
Unfortunately my figure already makes everything look different and it desperately needs some tuning.
I have tried all sorts of things to trick my brain into accepting the need to do more. So far nothing has worked, not a new bike, exercise clothes, repeatedly telling myself how bad I look, new watch to time myself so I don't overdo it - nothing.
Yesterday I spied this little beauty down the street at the oppy with a sticker for $15 on it.
I'm still desperate, especially with all the clothes remodelling going on in my head at the moment, so I bought it.
It is in the lounge room, right near the computer. Now all I have to do is figure how to raise the computer table so that I can bike and read at the same time and life should be sweet!
Only joking.
I want to be on my way to a new and improved figure.
The only question is can I keep it up.


4 comments:

  1. You might have to start watching a soapie each day - and make soapie time bike time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a bunch of agapanthus on my front verge once hoping people would feel free to just take what they wanted. No one did. No ONE! I ended up using it in my bavk garden in a space that I knew they wouldn't quite work but they'd do. I couldn't bear to compost them.

    Go the exercise bike. I have to build the exercise into a routine otherwise I just don't do it. Anything knocks the routine and I'm down for the count. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oppy (love that word) shops are great. Good luck with the additional physical activity. I hate thinking about the need to exercise but afterwards I always feel better physically and mentally. I just have problems getting started. Watching a DVD might help, get lost in the story and you might find that you've done 1 1/2 hours of exercise. Wouldn't that be awesome?!!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck... how has it been going?

    I'm about to join you on the exercise journey. I'm going to try to use the warmer months to develop some habits as a means of improving my mental health. I feel great after I have exercised and yet still find it so hard to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.