Friday, February 11, 2011

How much is a koala bear?


 I found this poor koala sitting all lonely at the op shop the other day and just knew he belonged to me.
You see, when I was little my brother had the smaller version of this (and still does!!) but I had nothing.
Then we moved to Bundaberg for a few months and Mum bought us pale blue ice blocks to keep us cool through the long humid nights. 
I thought mine resembled a bear because of those bits that stick up around the neck of the block.
Finally Mum got the message that I also needed something special and bought me a handcrafted toy.
The closest I could get to the prized bear was a penguin.
He was great but never a leather koala.

So now I have a bear.
A real live vintage leather bear.
The questions are: 
How old is he? 
and 
What is he really worth?

If anyone out there knows anything about these please tell me. 
His nose is genuine, the eyes are glass and seem to stick out a bit and he appears to be stuffed with some sort of firm yellowish foam which obviously has now aged.

1 comment:

  1. He is just pricelss, and I can see how you could not bear to leave him behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.